Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Double standards and crappy websites.

While reading through Futurelab, I saw this article on the topic of unilever and the contradiction between the dove commercials and the axe commercials. I thought that I'd have a look into other major companies with double standards and wanted to compare "Goody 2 shoes" Bennetton with "if you can't see a nipple, it ain't advertisement" Sisley.
I tried to go to Sisleys homepage, but my brand new spiffy 19" laptop widescreen was too small for the pictures. And my 100 Mbit/s connection was apparently to slow cause I couldn't load that many pictures to begin with. Then I went to Benetton only to see this picture:

I bet she needs warm clothes if she is going to have to stay
in the concentration camp all winter.


I guess the conclusion is; if you don't have standards, you cant have double standards. Good for you, Benettongroup!
I wonder if it is Oliviero Toscani who shot this one, and if he did, why he starved it before he killed it and photographed it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahah! She won't be cold. She's made entirely of plastic.